The City of Manhattan Beach's website uses automated tools to log information about each visit. This information is processed to determine site performance issues, such as popular pages, most frequently downloaded forms, and other site performance characteristics. This information does not identify you personally. The City does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Third Party Link
The City of Manhattan Beach website may contain links to local, state and federal government agencies and to other web sites. The inclusion of such links does not constitute an endorsement of the destination web site nor the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products or site accessibility. Nor does any linkage between the City of Manhattan Beach and a third party web site imply sponsorship of that web site.
Several photos on the City of Manhattan Beach website were provided courtesy of Chris Miller, Staff Photographer of The Beach Reporter. Several images were also provided courtesy of John Post. Photos and images on the website are copyright protected.
Website Security Policy
We attempt to ensure that the City of Manhattan Beach's website remains available to all users by employing software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
eNotification Email Subscription Notice
The City of Manhattan Beach provides e-mail updates in an effort to improve the timeliness and ease of access to information on the City's web site. For purposes of subscribing to receive e-mail update(s), you are required to provide an e-mail address. No other personal information will be collected for this purpose. Your e-mail address will be retained in confidence and will not be released unless release is compelled by issuance of a subpoena. The City will not use your e-mail address for any purpose other than transmission of the specific e-mail update(s) to which you've subscribed.
Social Media Posted by Outside Individuals
Individuals who post to the City's Social Media sites must comply with the following policy:
- Posted content (including comments, photos, and links) must be related to the topic posted by the City or will be removed.
- Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on City of Manhattan Beach Social Media Sites and shall be removed by the City Manager’s office or his/her designee:
- Comments unrelated to the original topic or article;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane, obscene or pornographic language or content or links to such language or content;
- Solicitations of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale, except for information posted by businesses that have a business license issued by the City and/or a store-front or office space in the City;
- Content that conducts or encourages illegal activity;
- Any information that is illegal to disseminate or that might compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of another party;
- Defamatory statements;
- Threats of violence or injury to any person, property, or organization;
- Content that violates any federal, state or local law;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, parentage, marital status, medical condition, sexual identity, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.