The mission of the Building and Safety Division is to regulate building construction through plan review, inspection, and education in a timely, knowledgeable, and professional manner in order to protect the community’s health, safety, and welfare.
Building Division Extended service hours for residents in the community, as well as vendors or business-owners are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, alternate open Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Limited services 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Building and Safety is responsible for:
- Determining if a permit is required
- Reviewing plans - plan check requirements
- Issuing building permits - permit submittal requirements
- Field inspections - how to schedule an inspection and contact the building inspectors
- Providing code enforcement to ensure compliance with local and state mandated regulations related to building construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation.
- Current Building Codes
- Construction Hours and Holidays
- Construction Rules Handout (PDF)
- Daily Inspection List and Job Card Inspection Codes (PDF)
- Deputy Inspector List
- Weekly Permit Report – reports are available via a Public Records Request
- Construction Community Newsletter
- Emergency Preparedness - Information provided by the Fire Department
- 2010 - Revised Construction Valuation Factors for establishing permit fees on Building Handouts page